Royal Television Society Nomination for AMP Student

We are delighted to announce that one of our masters students, Hannah Roberts, has been nominated in this year’s Royal Television Society Awards.

The RTS 2022 Awards, held recently in Cardiff was the first major TV industry event to be held in person in Wales since the 2020 awards. As well as celebrating the very best work by students, they expanded their industry awards this year and have given programme makers the opportunity to submit nominations for 2020 and 2021 to celebrate Welsh talent’s hard work during TV’s most challenging period.

Hannah has been nominated in the ‘Postgraduate Factual’ category for her mini documentary entitled ‘Tightened Lines’. The short film gives an intimate and honest portrayal of Mark Roberts, Hannah’s father, who strives to fish regardless of his disabilities and the many obstacles that confronts him. During the documentary we learn how one man, with the support of family and friends, adapts his lifestyle and mentality to achieve the goals that he sets for himself.

Reflecting on the nomination Hannah said;

“I am very honoured to have been nominated for such a prestigious award.  ‘Tightened Lines’ is my first documentary film, and I couldn’t have imagined getting this far.  I am very proud of the film and have received warm feedback from those who have seen it. To be recognised by the industry through this nomination has given me a sense that I am able to produce compelling stories”.

Hannah enrolled on the Advanced Media Production project in June 2020 and is working towards an MSc in Advanced Media Production. ‘Tightening Lines’ was created by Hannah as part of her studies and assessment on the project.

Share your thoughts